How can a Support Coordinator help me?
- A Support Coordinator will support you to understand and implement the funded supports in your plan and link you to community, mainstream and other government services.
- A Support Coordinator will focus on supporting you to build skills and direct your life as well as connect you to providers.
- Your Support Coordinator will assist you to negotiate with providers about what they will offer you and how much it will cost out of your plan.
- Support coordinators will ensure service agreements and service bookings are completed.
- They will help build your ability to exercise choice and control, to coordinate supports and access your local community.
- They can also assist you in planning ahead to prepare for your plan review.
- Support coordinators will assist you to 'optimise' your plan ensuring that you are getting the most out of your funded supports.